Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Little On Preservation


Dipped my yellow chrysanthemum today. Beginning to wonder if the polycrylic is making me ill (or ill in the future). Some of these flowers seem to be shirking their preservation; the finish rolled right off the insides of those tendril-petals, unlike the rose. Then I dipped two shoulder blades (probably from a fox). They have been perched nicely in my closet for over one year and I was tired of knocking them around.
This is the skull they were found with, now gleaming and fixed to a mobile device. Lovely photograph by Melissa A. Cromwell.

This is exactly how it was discovered in Nova, Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. ooh ooh, send me an email and tell me how you preserved dem bones dem bones? i have lots of cool things that i dont know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete